can i use anti-inflammatory gel on a hen

decomposed

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 10, 2012
I was recently given a hen with bad fly strike the owners were going to leave her to die so i took her home, i got the maggots out and there is a large wound where they were it is pretty deep and it looked infected so i started giving her antibiotics, i have also been putting antiseptic powder on her wound i was using diluted betadine but i found that the wound would stay moist all day so i thought the powder might dry it out a bit, would using the powder be ok? i will post a pic of the powder im using, the wound is quite swollen and i just gave her a little bit of aspirin to help her with the pain, anyway i was wondering if it would be alright if i use anti inflammatory gel around the wound where it is swollen?
here is the powder
and i got a different brand of gel but its the same as this

Oh!!! I so sorry for your loss! That's so sad
hit.gif

A fox attacked my birds yesterday in broad daylight, and 2 were killed and one of my ducks is inside recovering from his wounds. Funny thing is this morning i found the fox wrapped in the fence. He committed suicide! Ok, sorry that was really bad, but it was a really shocking thing to wake up to lol :) I applaud you for rescuing a bird and trying to help him
clap.gif
I can't stand to see any animal being abused or not taken care of. :(

Back
Top Bottom