Can I use Clotrimazole in place of Miconazole for Sour Crop

TerriL188

Songster
Apr 6, 2018
Holden, Missouri
I am fairly new to this site so if I am posting in the wrong place please let me know. I have a chicken with Sour Crop and I was looking on this site for help. I found an article by azygous and it said you can use Miconazole to treat the Sour Crop. I only have Clotrimazole and I needed to know if it would work, it is not easy for me to get to a store. I appreciate any help I can get. Terri

I did miss that Thank you. Well I took a fecal sample to my vet today and they say she has Gape worm and Coccidiosis. So I guess she does not have Sour Crop. She is not a young chicken so I am a little iffy on the Gape Worm she is not making any noises like she has any respiratory problem and her breathing is good. So I will treat her for the Coccidiosis but I think I will talk to the Vet to see if he agrees with the tech that checked the fecal.

I did miss that Thank you. Well I took a fecal sample to my vet today and they say she has Gape worm and Coccidiosis. So I guess she does not have Sour Crop. She is not a young chicken so I am a little iffy on the Gape Worm she is not making any noises like she has any respiratory problem and her breathing is good. So I will treat her for the Coccidiosis but I think I will talk to the Vet to see if he agrees with the tech that checked the fecal.
It's good that you will be seeing the vet so he can re-check the test results.

Coccidiosis and/or worms can be a common cause of crop issues. What did they recommend that you treat her with?

Back
Top Bottom