Can I use liquid bandage on a chickens beak?

Hannahnic14

Crowing
Apr 29, 2021
Middle Tennessee
I have a scissor beak chicken and I have to keep the very ends of her beak clipped so she can still eat. This time when I clipped it I clipped a bit to far and got the quick.
I got it to stop bleeding with some flour but now I'm afraid when she drinks or eats that it's going to bleed again.

Can I put some liquid bandage on it to seal it in until it scabs over? Yes I know I should have been more careful, please don't fuss at me....I feel bad enough as it is..😔😔 I raised her from a day old and she's my special baby.

I can get pics if needed.

If the bleeding has stopped, I would just leave it alone. It might be sore for a few days, but after that should be fine. If you do it often, then a file might work, and prevent taking too much off.

I have a scissor beak chicken and I have to keep the very ends of her beak clipped so she can still eat. This time when I clipped it I clipped a bit to far and got the quick.
I got it to stop bleeding with some flour but now I'm afraid when she drinks or eats that it's going to bleed again.

Can I put some liquid bandage on it to seal it in until it scabs over? Yes I know I should have been more careful, please don't fuss at me....I feel bad enough as it is..😔😔 I raised her from a day old and she's my special baby.

I can get pics if needed.
I just did the same thing! How did you treat her after you got the bleeding stopped. I’m terrified to give her any food or water because it might start bleeding again.

I just did the same thing! How did you treat her after you got the bleeding stopped. I’m terrified to give her any food or water because it might start bleeding again.
I left her without any water for about 15 minutes at a time then checked on her till the bleeding stopped.😊 It didn't take long at all. I made sure she was kept cool so she wouldn't get too hot without access to water.

Back
Top Bottom