Can I use my elec. meat grinder to grind peas to a med size case I wanna make own feed?

ladyearth

Songster
7 Years
Nov 23, 2013
kentucky
I am asking on a new thread so hopefully more will see this post
OH can I use my ELECTRIC MEAT GRINDER.... electric meat grinder to grind peas.. whole peas.. Is a good brand...
I'd be scared to grind corn.. prob break the unit...Heck my blender barely touched corn....Oster brand..
that one link for home made feed I posted said peanut or soy..... I would try peanut in a mixture...
Heck if my pecan trees were cared for could have used them. But they havent been cared for we only been here for a while. and the good for nuttin squirrels steal the best ones. Kitty kat wont chase them. Wish a neighbor dog would chase squirrels ...BUT ,but not bother my chickens... All the dogs do around here is on and on barking.....esp at nite. and a few wander around.... they better run if they see me or near my flock...
thanks all

I am asking on a new thread so hopefully more will see this post
OH can I use my ELECTRIC MEAT GRINDER.... electric meat grinder to grind peas.. whole peas.. Is a good brand...
I'd be scared to grind corn.. prob break the unit...Heck my blender barely touched corn....Oster brand..
that one link for home made feed I posted said peanut or soy..... I would try peanut in a mixture...
Heck if my pecan trees were cared for could have used them. But they havent been cared for we only been here for a while. and the good for nuttin squirrels steal the best ones. Kitty kat wont chase them. Wish a neighbor dog would chase squirrels ...BUT ,but not bother my chickens... All the dogs do around here is on and on barking.....esp at nite. and a few wander around.... they better run if they see me or near my flock...
thanks all
I can't imagine a blender not being able to pulverize peas. If you have a metal, not plastic meat grinder, again I can't imagine it taking on damage.

It is a "Tasin" brand...I dont want to pulverize just kind of grind.. well smaller than split peas anyway.. They less likely pick them out...
Now they(chickens) pick them, well I mean either fling out or pick around and leave till last... more when fermenting split peas...and other grains are smaller to begin with....
esp if liquid not 1 inch or so above the top of the mixture......of the bowl when fermenting or refriging..
thanks all

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom