Can I use pick no more in freezing weather

Dog crates with food and water secured can be good for separating, and ideally, they are placed inside the coop. If not, a basement or garage might be a good place to pen him.

Thank you for this - can you advise me as to how to separate him in a pen when it is single and low teens temps? He needs to go into the coop to warm up throughout the day. thoughts? I haven't figured out how people do this?
How old is he and how well feathered is he?

I have a couple of 4X6 kennels that I keep extra single cockerels and roosters in, besides a couple in housing under the runs. My temps can range from the single digits and up, but that cold doesn't stay for weeks on end. Taking measures to add extra bedding or wind blocking is always a good idea. I do that year round as needed.

Dome or single pens are also good way to separate out cockerels, broodies, the injured, etc.

Dome pens can be 4x8 or 4x4
1644089889793.png

Something like in the link below can be made from 1 goat panel with some tin for a roof. Do keep in mind that using materials with larger spaces are not predator proof.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/american-gamefowl.1307560/post-25123706

Back
Top Bottom