Can I use this to give my chickens water???

RaisedByRooster

Hatching
7 Years
Oct 25, 2012
jacksonville fl
Hey there! I'm new to the site, but i gotta say I do love it! I've already been using this site for reference for a long time now!
So Ive had my flock for a few years now, and recently I lost all of my beloved chickens and pet turkey that I hand raised and loved for many years now to a bunch of ill- disciplined dogs in the neighborhood. Basically, they destroyed my coop (which cost me several hundred dollars) to kill my chickens. Leaving me with only my rooster ( who fathered all of my chickens, and was one of the first three I ever had) and his son!

So basically I'm rebuilding a safer, better, and more fancy home for them! And I wanted to know If it would be safe to use an automated fountain as a source of water. I found one at home depot/Lowes that I really like. And by automated fountain I literally mean one like they use to decorate yards/gardens with. One I like is a ceramic one, and the other is made of stone. I figured it would look beautiful with everything else that I'm making in the coop as well as help keep the water from becoming stagnant because the fountain would always be circulating and moving. But is it safe to use that???

I have a friend that uses one. It seems to work just fine. He also added a heater to keep the water from freezing during the winter.

Hey there! I'm new to the site, but i gotta say I do love it! I've already been using this site for reference for a long time now!
So Ive had my flock for a few years now, and recently I lost all of my beloved chickens and pet turkey that I hand raised and loved for many years now to a bunch of ill- disciplined dogs in the neighborhood. Basically, they destroyed my coop (which cost me several hundred dollars) to kill my chickens. Leaving me with only my rooster ( who fathered all of my chickens, and was one of the first three I ever had) and his son!

So basically I'm rebuilding a safer, better, and more fancy home for them! And I wanted to know If it would be safe to use an automated fountain as a source of water. I found one at home depot/Lowes that I really like. And by automated fountain I literally mean one like they use to decorate yards/gardens with. One I like is a ceramic one, and the other is made of stone. I figured it would look beautiful with everything else that I'm making in the coop as well as help keep the water from becoming stagnant because the fountain would always be circulating and moving. But is it safe to use that???
My condolences on the loss of your flock...
I think I would be out a huntin' if that happened here......

The fountain sounds great... the birds love running water and it will be great for the winter as the water will take more to freeze, so an aquarium heater should be enough... the summer it will encourage the to drink more...

Good luck with your rebuild.
Patricia

Back
Top Bottom