can lethargic 3 d.o. chics improve?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chooniecat, Sep 30, 2009.

1. chooniecat

chooniecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    central ohio
    I have 3 d.o. salmon faverolles chic and don't think I need help but its frustrating waiting for them to die. have this chic and 5 others that I picked up from meyer hatchery. I noticed this one seemed a little lethargic in the beginning but didn't want to over-react. the others seem spry and eating/comfortable so its a hurry up and wait thing. I am heart broken not knowing if I could do anything. I bought 2 salmon faverolles(1 male/1 female) and its the smaller of the 2.

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Are they warm enough? about 95 degrees
    Are they too warm? Are they panting at all?
    Are they eating/drinking? HAve you dipped their beaks in the water and food to show them how to eat?

3. chooniecat

chooniecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    central ohio
    have noticed them ALL eating/drinking at some point(so they DO know where that is) and they have a large tote they're in with brooder lamp in my bedroom and they seem to stay in the "cooler" end of the tote so I believe they're warm(no panting or snuggling) also, I can't TELL if she is dehydrated and even if I could I don't know if I should FORCE liquid on a weak baby???? I do believe I will just have to wait and watch because I believe I 've covered environmental issues. poor little one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by