Can live animals be shipped??

(I didn't know what forum to use)
Can living animals be shipped between countries of the same continent?
Depends on the countries. I have had live amphibians, exotic molluscs and insects shipped to me, some from scotland to england. Its always worked out fine because the types I ordered are very hardy and delivery was within 1-2 days. That said, I personally dont think its worth the risk when it comes to poultry chicks. I see the appeal when you want a specific kind or have limited breeders local, but personally I just wouldnt risk it- even across a short distance, let alone accross longer ones.

I want to get mandarin ducks, but I feel like eggs are riskier and I can barely find any eggs in Europe. Though I've found grown pairs of mandarin ducks in the U.K
I think eggs would be better depending on price. If delivery goes horribly wrong, in my opinion its better for the eggs to break than ducklings to die/become unwell.
I am pretty sure its only the US that still allows chicks/ducklings in the postal system these days, I dont think the UK allows that.
Where abouts are you located?

I think eggs would be better depending on price. If delivery goes horribly wrong, in my opinion its better for the eggs to break than ducklings to die/become unwell.
I am pretty sure its only the US that still allows chicks/ducklings in the postal system these days, I dont think the UK allows that.
Where abouts are you located?
I'm in sweden

There is lively commerce going on in Europe.
You should have no problem shipping the animals if you do your homework.
I am also sure you have some sort of an agricultural office. My dad worked in that field for many years. Just contact your local offices before you pull the trigger on buying.
I think you will be fine, and summer is coming (slowly) to an end!

Back
Top Bottom