Can mother rabbit keep older baby with new ones?

mrsjrwedge2

Hatching
May 23, 2015
I can't find this answer anywhere. My lionhead had one survive baby 3 months ago and they are very bonded. She had another litter 2wks ago and I always wondered if I must separate them. There is a nasty storm tonight so I brought the 12wk old in and tried. Mom seems happy to see her and she has no negative reaction to the babies at all. Could she stay? I'd rather she didn't live alone anyway. Did I ever even have to separate them? Thanks so much

I can't find this answer anywhere. My lionhead had one survive baby 3 months ago and they are very bonded. She had another litter 2wks ago and I always wondered if I must separate them. There is a nasty storm tonight so I brought the 12wk old in and tried. Mom seems happy to see her and she has no negative reaction to the babies at all. Could she stay? I'd rather she didn't live alone anyway. Did I ever even have to separate them? Thanks so much
Well, if she's acting that way toward her baby, there shouldn't be any harm in keeping them together! But, if you start seeing negetive reactions from mom toward baby, you should probably seperate them. :(

Have fun with your bunnies!

Back
Top Bottom