Can my neighbors complain

Quote:
Yes, we live next to 66 acres of corn and beans.
big_smile.png

I asked about chickens at the county clerk's office and they said they are permitted. I asked about quantity and the lady replied "doesn't specify." Soooo I guess that means unlimited?

The land around me (we don't own it) has corn and stuff growing on it, and there are always huge tractors driving up and down the road going to different growing spots. If people can tolerate that, couldn't they tolerate a rooster?

Last edited:
For someone who lives in an agricultural area, I would think that the noises from livestock would just be a part of the environment-the ambiance, if you want to call it that. And that it is something to be accepted as a part of where one lives.

Quote:
Yes, we live next to 66 acres of corn and beans.
big_smile.png

I asked about chickens at the county clerk's office and they said they are permitted. I asked about quantity and the lady replied "doesn't specify." Soooo I guess that means unlimited?

The land around me (we don't own it) has corn and stuff growing on it, and there are always huge tractors driving up and down the road going to different growing spots. If people can tolerate that, couldn't they tolerate a rooster?

that is the same as where i live. do you have your paperwork from purchasing your home?

ours actually stated that when purchasing land in an agricultural area to EXPECT smells, sounds and the like and that they were going to happen and that people can even run equipment at night.

also, anyone can REPORT something, but they may be informed that there will be no action taken due to what is allowed/not allowed.

call your county clerk back and ask specifically if you can have roosters, if agricultural noise can be complained about and if you can be reprimanded. she should have that answer for you.

edited for spelling!
sad.png

Last edited:
Yes, that seems to be the general consensus... Anyone and everyone will find something to complain about. But that does not necessarily mean that any action will be taken...

Back
Top Bottom