Can ne tell???

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by jdoane, Nov 16, 2013.

  1. jdoane

    jdoane Songster

    Aug 7, 2013
    Western Massachusetts
    What is the name of the style of coop that has a broken peaked roof. Meaning a slanted roof on one side and then a short vertical wall down from the center peak and then a lower slanted roof coming off the bottom of the short vertical. Usually has a lot of ventilation in the short vertical????

  2. BrickWall Honey

    BrickWall Honey Chirping

    Oct 24, 2013
    Accomac, Va.
    It's called a "monitor" style roof. The one you described is a single. Large structures usually are doubled.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. aart

    aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member 5 Years

    Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Maybe you are thinking of a clerestory?

    This is a my clerestory:

    This is a monitor style roof:
  4. Fred's Hens

    Fred's Hens Crowing Premium Member

    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by