Can Pheasants be kept with other poultry? And if so which other poultry?

ChickensAsPets

In the Brooder
Jul 1, 2017
Im looking to see if Pheasants can be kept with geese, ducks, chickens, quail, emus, turkeys, partridges, chikars and so on.

No gamebirds should be kept with or near chickens.Chickens can pass diseases that they can handle but will kill pheasants.Now you can house them with quail and partridge,provided they are all put in the cage at the same time.You can not add birds to an established pen or their will be problems.Plus the pen has to be big enough to house them so each species have their own little area and multiple perching places.
In N.H.,Tony.

Ok. Now could someone please tell me which poultry can go with which, like ducks go with chickens, emus go with geese and so on.:bow

Ok. Now could someone please tell me which poultry can go with which, like ducks go with chickens, emus go with geese and so on.:bow
In the past, I've run quail and peafowl with pheasants but this was in a huge community pen. They had arguements but nothing serious. It's better to keep different species seperated, as they tend to do better with their own kind. There's less stress on them and you.

Peafowl and pheasants of certain species can usually be kept together alright but you have to have a good deal of space. Goldens and Amhersts tend to do alright with peafowl (though you never want to keep amhersts and goldens in the same pen). Silvers and swinhoes tend to do well also. In any case watching for aggressive behavior is important even if the birds have been with each other a long time. Pheasants and peafowl can be temperamental and hormonal so sometimes they'll get mean with their "roommates".

Back
Top Bottom