can quails and doves live together?

bobwhitequails

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 5, 2014
Hi I was wondering if a two week old bobwhite be housed with a dove? Does it matter that the quail was once wild and the dove will be bought from petco? Also the quail is used to having other quails around because his brother sadly died about a week ago. I would get him a quail friend but I can't find any near me. Sorry for my ignorance I am new......

Last edited:
Doves also do best kept in pairs. How do you plan on housing them? If its in a large aviary with room for the doves to fly and cover for the quail they will probably be just fine. One of our local mom and pop shops keeps a little petting zoo at their store. They've got a large pasture with goats, pot bellied pigs, sheep and a couple of small donkeys, but they've also got a very impressive aviary that has turkey, pigeons, dove, pheasants, ducks and bunnies all running around together. Its pretty amazing! All of the rabbits and birds are in great health, so it must be working out well for them.

Anyway, I don't see an issue as long as they all have the accommodations they need! Good luck!

Well I feel like my quail needs somebody to be with because his sibling recently died a week ago. I can't find any quail farms near me so I was thinking a dove might be good. He is still pretty wild so I am reconsidering it. I would really like to get him another quail friend though if you happen to know any body :) and that aviary sounds really neat! We have a cockatiel and parakeet in seperate housing but no aviary yet! Thank you for the information. And if you no anybody that sells quail in eastern washington that would be great!

Back
Top Bottom