Can rabbits and birds be kept toghther?

C&Rman

Songster
8 Years
Feb 26, 2011
Nevada
I am planning on having a temporay thing going on. I have 1 peacock and 10 chickens in one coop. The coop is fairly large it is and 8'x8' shed with a 10'x12' run. I have a couple of rabbits 4 to be exact. And I won't be able to get their hutch built any time soon. So could I place the rabbits in the chicken and peacock cage? They will have a little shelter that only they can fit into so if need be they can get away. Thanks

some have done it with mixed results.

it would be best to have the rabbits in their own area. chickens can be pretty aggressive and little bunny eyes can be a delicacy. i would be worried about bunnies eating chicken feed and getting sick.

also rabbits can be fairly aggressive with each other, which is why most keep them in individual cages. any kits born where chickens can get to them will most likely be killed and eaten.

Last edited:
In searching the web about chickens I have watched MANY youtube videos about chickens and have found many people who keep their bunnies and chickens together. Take a look and see what you find. Some are pretty funny! I would say it depends on how tollerant your bunnies are. We just got rid of our bunny when we got chickens...My husband refused to have a real zoo in the house...LOL

Back
Top Bottom