Can raccoons open quick links?

I la-la-LOVE my combination locks! Had them for years. No problems with them. No lost keys. And no raccoons!
View attachment 2746449

I mostly use ordinary carabiners, but I have two latches on my doors both to make sure there are no gaps due to warping and to add that extra step to the problem of getting it open.

View attachment 2746788

You can see how I stored the two carbiners while remodeling.

View attachment 2746791

And this door was warped so it's not just insurance here.

I use barrel bolts three one at the top one in the middle one at the bottom . But I see a lot of other methods here . I haven't seen a coon with long enough arms to unlock them all at the same time .:)

you might get your neighbors cat though....
Not unless cats like marshmallows or shiny things.

Thank you all for your input, I appreciate it. I think I have to reiterate that I'm locking the pop door, the small door that's ground level that only chickens can go through.

I was going to say that about the quick link. We were going to try it but didn't want to keep replacing after rust, we use a pad lock with a key. No problems with it and have been using it for 3 years now.
The quick link will get annoying after awhile as it gets rusty. The padlock will be annoying all the time. I say quick link but replace them often.

Back
Top Bottom