Can roosters not like there own breed

I have an araucana rooster in with maybe around 10 hens 3 are araucanas. The araucanas used to be separate but I'm focusing less on them and using the pen they were in for rhode islands. So they're in with a mixed flock. Now all the araucans eggs I've checked are all Unfertile! But other eggs from others in the pen are Fertile? Can it be that he doesn't like his own type?? Anyone else have this happen??
Chickens like who they like ( like people)A good rooster won't rape the hens that aren't willing .

Keep Araucana hens only with the rooster and you'll see an increase in fertility.
They (Araucana's) are known to have fertility issues when the rooster has many hens.
Intrresting theyre known to have issues. They were separate same rooster and hens before hand (no fertility issues) then moved the group in with some others, I was hoping I could still do pure araucana by the colour of eggs and the rest (brown layers) as crosses, but might just have to do the crosses.

Intrresting theyre known to have issues. They were separate same rooster and hens before hand (no fertility issues) then moved the group in with some others, I was hoping I could still do pure araucana by the colour of eggs and the rest (brown layers) as crosses, but might just have to do the crosses.
I am not able to give you firsthand advice but this site mentions trimming their feathers as well (or artificially fertilizing the eggs) https://www.ecopeanut.com/araucana-chicken/

Back
Top Bottom