Can Snakes Climb Hardware Cloth?

Here's a different day, don't know if it's the same snake--
a snake 3 (3 of 1).jpg

After he climbed up, I opened the door, thinking he wanted to go in and look for mice, but he didn't go in. (it's a pump house, not chicken coop)

Big snakes make good mousers. We've got a Bull snake that lives in a rotten railroad tie in the garden. The thing is 6 foot long, about 2 inches thick. He keeps the mice down big time in the yard! Scares the heebie jeebies out of me though if I come around a corner and its laying there sunning itself. :lol:

I hear they are easy going but my vision is almost nil so would freak me no less Garters are even on my radar but do not hurt them although most are chicken food

I always get freaked out seeing snakes, even the nonvenomous kind. :barnie :lol: For me it startles me, I'm going along not thinking about snakes and then there it is, you are about to step on it!

Yes, I am betting a snake or two is in my mulch pile out back. :D And I can live with these things, as long as they stay OUTSIDE! :lol: And yes, the big ones can do what ever they wish, heck, they can climb the sides of the coop and run for all I care. :p As long as the little ones can't get in, neither can the big ones. :)

I've decided to give the 2ft, 1/4 cloth a try. I will need to have my hardware store order it. Gives me a nice fall project. :)
The cheapest I have found it is on Amazon...
Gilbert & Bennett YARDGARD 308247B 24-Inch x 50-Foot 1/4-Inch Galvanized Mesh Hardware Cloth https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000RZCI2G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Z7NWBbW57MP3V

Everywhere else it is the 10 feet for that price :eek:

Back
Top Bottom