Mama_Arty

Chirping
Oct 21, 2022
Arkansas
Hi there. I have 2 goose eggs incubating. My first incubating eggs ever. I know - what a choice for a first time. Lol

They have had their air cells draw down, shadowing in the air cell the last couple of days. They have grown well and everything seems okay but (pun intended) I haven't hears a peep.

I am a little worried. Should they be making noise? I have listened and listened but it is only silence in there. Even when I see movement they are quiet.

Thanks in advance. I'm trying to stay distracted with Christmas and freezing pipes so as not to harass them while they do their thing, that or I'll panic for sure lol

Hi there. I have 2 goose eggs incubating. My first incubating eggs ever. I know - what a choice for a first time. Lol

They have had their air cells draw down, shadowing in the air cell the last couple of days. They have grown well and everything seems okay but (pun intended) I haven't hears a peep.

I am a little worried. Should they be making noise? I have listened and listened but it is only silence in there. Even when I see movement they are quiet.

Thanks in advance. I'm trying to stay distracted with Christmas and freezing pipes so as not to harass them while they do their thing, that or I'll panic for sure lol
I haven’t done goose yet but for my ducks I don’t usually hear any peeps until after they internal pip
But even then not all of mine are vocal. Some don’t talk and others don’t stop lol
Have they internal yet ?

I haven’t done goose yet but for my ducks I don’t usually hear any peeps until after they internal pip
But even then not all of mine are vocal. Some don’t talk and others don’t stop lol
Have they internal yet ?
Yes I believe they have. At least 1 has. The shadow is more then just at the edge of the air cell, I can see movement within the air cell now up a good distance. Pretty sure it's the head. But what do I know hahahah. Wish I had xray vision. Lol

Yes I believe they have. At least 1 has. The shadow is more then just at the edge of the air cell, I can see movement within the air cell now up a good distance. Pretty sure it's the head. But what do I know hahahah. Wish I had xray vision. Lol
Yay maybe Xmas goose babies
It may or may not peep as long as you see movement and progress is happening all should be good
I hatched my first ever eggs last year at this time
I had 1 duckling hatch dec 24 and 2 on dec 25
They are extra special ones :)

Yay maybe Xmas goose babies
It may or may not peep as long as you see movement and progress is happening all should be good
I hatched my first ever eggs last year at this time
I had 1 duckling hatch dec 24 and 2 on dec 25
They are extra special ones :)
Thanks for your help. I feel crazy listening to eggs hahaha they will definitely be Christmas babies 😁

Thanks for your help. I feel crazy listening to eggs hahaha they will definitely be Christmas babies 😁
Not crazy
I think we all do it
Abc it never gets old no matter how many you do lol
I had to get into doing puzzles so I didn’t drive myself crazy watching the bator
Please post pictures once they hatch :)

Last edited:
Not crazy
I think we all do it
Abc it never gets old no matter how many you do lol
I had to get into doing puzzles so I didn’t drive myself crazy watching the bator
Please post pictures once they hatch :)
Will do! Oh, I'm a puzzle junkie. We used to do puzzlepalooza around Christmas every year. I'd start big puzzles and everyone would just chip away at them throughout the weekend. We would just do one after the other. Lol

Now i have started to dabble into oil painting and miniatures.

Should they be making noise?
I do not always hear sounds. I do not always see movement. Each egg can be very different. The excitement never really goes away no matter how many times you hatch but over time you tend to not worry quite as much about some things.

That said, have you tried tapping on the incubator to see if they talk in response? Sometimes a little tapping will fire them up. Or not.

Back
Top Bottom