Can some one answer my incubator question TONIGHT PLEASE!! I need help

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TACEYPERKINS, Apr 8, 2009.

1. TACEYPERKINS

TACEYPERKINS Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Medford,Oregon
    I have just got my first ever incubating eggs. I was supposed to be getting 2 batches, and the other is in the mail some where. I wanted to put them in to night after letting them rest. But since I still havent gotten the 2nd batch yet I was afraid to put them in a 2 different times. I dont know how to solve this dilema. Should I hold off putting the 1st batch in , till I get the second batch. Or is there something I can do later? Please help me. I don't want to screw it up! Thank you. Tacey

2. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

You can do staggered hatches if you have a hatcher. Depending on how old the eggs are that you already have, you can safely hold them for up to 14 days as long as you keep them turned daily and keep them cool.

3. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    That is really up to you, I have eggs that came a few days later then I thought that are due to hatch Monday in with eggs that are pipping and going to hatch tomorrow or friday. Some people don't do staggered hatches others do. The only bad part is you can't turn the eggs while the 1 batch is hatching but have done it before with no problem. If the eggs will be there tomorrow I would wait if not just put them in and it shouldn't hurt.

4. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    Does it matter if they hatch at different times, if so then hold off til you get your 2nd batch. If you put 1 in now and the other a day later, they will be hatching about the same time............

5. TACEYPERKINS

TACEYPERKINS Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Medford,Oregon
    Thank you everyone! I think the other batch sould be here tomarrow, but I will have to let them rest a while before they all go into the bator. So hopefully they will all be alright. Thanks again for the quick responce. I knew I could count on my fellow BYC'ers. ~Tacey

6. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    I would wait staggerd hatches can be a pain

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by