Can some one help he I need some information an hatching call ducks

Youngpoultry

In the Brooder
Mar 20, 2018
Hi I am new to this and have some question about hatching calls
1. On what day does lock down start and end.
2. What should my humidity be at for the last few day before the hatch. And do I have to turn them during that period.
3. If I'm right I don't turn them will in lock down and how often do I candle the eggs.
4. Do I turn the eggs the first few day while there in the incubator before lock down.
5. What better for hatching calls a still air bator a one with a fan.
6. One last thing is there any best brand or model bator that's the best for hatching call.
Does any one have a preference for a hygrometer to use.

Hi I am new to this and have some question about hatching calls
1. On what day does lock down start and end.
2. What should my humidity be at for the last few day before the hatch. And do I have to turn them during that period.
3. If I'm right I don't turn them will in lock down and how often do I candle the eggs.
4. Do I turn the eggs the first few day while there in the incubator before lock down.
5. What better for hatching calls a still air bator a one with a fan.
6. One last thing is there any best brand or model bator that's the best for hatching call.
Does any one have a preference for a hygrometer to use.

1. Lockdown should be done around day 22-24, and won't end until they hatch. Lockdown is just a term for the final 3 days, when humidity is increased and the ducklings emerge from their shells.

2. Humidity around 60-70% works for most of us, depends on how well air cell growth has gone thru incubation. But somewhere in that range should work. Do not continue to turn the eggs for those last 3 days. They get into position for hatch, so you don't want to confuse them by turning.

3. You don't need to candle the last 3 days, and the more you can leave them alone, the better. Humidity needs to stay consistent, so opening the incubator too much will defeat that.

4. Yes, turn at least 3 times per day, on days 0-22 or until you increase humidity.

5. either still air or fan, I have no preference and have hatched them in both.

They do tend to do better laying down thru incubation instead of upright.

I love Brinsea incubators, but if you haven't purchased one yet, do your research and buy the best one you can afford.
Hygrometers are fairly inexpensive and most do fine, just calibrate it before trusting it. Reptile types are normally fairly accurate.

Oh, and good luck!!

1. Lockdown should be done around day 22-24, and won't end until they hatch. Lockdown is just a term for the final 3 days, when humidity is increased and the ducklings emerge from their shells.

2. Humidity around 60-70% works for most of us, depends on how well air cell growth has gone thru incubation. But somewhere in that range should work. Do not continue to turn the eggs for those last 3 days. They get into position for hatch, so you don't want to confuse them by turning.

3. You don't need to candle the last 3 days, and the more you can leave them alone, the better. Humidity needs to stay consistent, so opening the incubator too much will defeat that.

4. Yes, turn at least 3 times per day, on days 0-22 or until you increase humidity.

5. either still air or fan, I have no preference and have hatched them in both.

They do tend to do better laying down thru incubation instead of upright.

I love Brinsea incubators, but if you haven't purchased one yet, do your research and buy the best one you can afford.
Hygrometers are fairly inexpensive and most do fine, just calibrate it before trusting it. Reptile types are normally fairly accurate.

Oh, and good luck!!
Thank you very much for the information I'm getting my eggs from my to calls that I have

Back
Top Bottom