Can someone explain "Chicken Math" to me?

I have posted my chicken math story on my BYC page. You can check it out, for all it's worth. If you are going down chicken math road,
hide.gif
you are in danger of needing an intervention.
wee.gif

Chicken Math is the only discipline in Math that has "quotes" in their word problems.

For instance. If it does not lay eggs, it is not a "chicken". It is either a roo, a pullet, or a chick. They obviously don't "count".

If it is for sale, it is not really "my" chicken because I don't really "own" it.

Quote:
LOL
big_smile.png

No, I suspect if I started going don the CM road that my husband would intervene. Plus I think we'll have to start small since we've never done the chicken thing before we don't (quite)want to jump into the deep end.......yet?

chicken math means to me, no matter how many chickens you have you want more.

Quote:
LOL
big_smile.png

No, I suspect if I started going don the CM road that my husband would intervene. Plus I think we'll have to start small since we've never done the chicken thing before we don't (quite)want to jump into the deep end.......yet?

It will not take long, believe me! We just got our first eight in May and I am planning covert (read: not involving hubs opinion or advice) expansion for this spring. Plans include rooster (CM: 8+1= 21 chickens by July) only.

lau.gif
gig.gif
celebrate.gif

This is so funny. I love chicken math.

This time around I wanted less chickens than before. We had 6. So I was thinking 3. Well I was told that 3 is the least amount that you should have, so then I planned on getting 4 total just in case one didn't make it. Then I thought it would be fun to have a few bantams and sense they are smaller than the average chicken 2=1. Now I am at 5. Chicken math
jumpy.gif
Love it
love.gif

Quote:
Sounds like the road to Chicken Math is paved with good (if sneaky!) intentions...I thought the only thing I was going to have to struggle with was limiting myself to one (ok, maybe two!) Maine Coons....Now I find the chickens are rather infectiously interesting and I find myself wondering how I can really experience them if I only get 4?
gig.gif

I know this is off-topic of chicken math, but I wondered if there was such a thing as a Bantam Easter Egger?

Last edited:
Bantam EE.
lol.png
I think so... can 3 bantams = 1 regular size chicken? I would love a bantam EE. That would be = 6 chickens for me then
hu.gif
I originally was getting 3, now because of chicken math I could be up to 6. go figure.

Back
Top Bottom