Can someone help with Breeds of chicks

chase4585

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 10, 2014

First, your chicks are at an age that it will be really hard to tell breeds. So many breeds look different as chicks.
Second, no one can even tell color under that red light.
Third, that top down view makes it pretty impossible to tell.
Fourth, all those babies bunched together also make it pretty impossible to give you feedback.

My advice? Read the "sticky" thread at the top of this forum. It details the kinds of photos that are helpful to us so that we can help you. Then wait at least five weeks and post again, using individual photos in natural light and following the photo guidelines for this section.

I know, waiting stinks. But with patience you'll get actual information, instead of guesses.

Sorry for the pic and not enough info I'm new to this forum and slowly figurin out how to do everything on here but thanx for the advice and I'll post pics of each of them

Much better, thanks.

For me, they are still too young to know for sure, although I'm pretty confident #1 is a Rhode Island Red or Production Red. #2 looks like a Delaware, and #3 still looks like a generic black chick. Did it have any white/yellow in the face or belly when it was smaller? It's almost too black to be a Black Australorp, and there are lots of breeds that have a black variety.

Back
Top Bottom