Can someone please help?

My SiL's doxie was in so much pain and couldn't barely walk. My SiL found a lady that does massage for horses, and of coarse dogs. The lady did deep tissue massage for about an hour. When she was done Tigger was like a whole new dog. He wasn't in pan and was very wiggly. It was like a miracle.

Quote:
they did take xrays. we go to sears veternary hospital on ave i. but we dont have the money for an opertation anyhow, so thats why i need the wheelchair... how do you expell a dogs bladder? ive read something on that but it didnt give instructions. i havent seen him do his business, but he does drag himself to the potty pads... i try to carry him outside in certain areas but all he does is bark and whine. i feel really bad because i dont know what he wants. i know he wants to walk... thank you everyone, your much nicer then the ppl on yahoo answers. they didnt help any at all. all they did was call me a bad owner and an "abomination to dachshund lovers everywhere"
hmm.png

why on earth would they say that?

My dog had the same trouble.. was Lyme disease... I thought he had been hit by a car.... He did get better and lived a long life

Quote:
they did take xrays. we go to sears veternary hospital on ave i. but we dont have the money for an opertation anyhow, so thats why i need the wheelchair... how do you expell a dogs bladder? ive read something on that but it didnt give instructions. i havent seen him do his business, but he does drag himself to the potty pads... i try to carry him outside in certain areas but all he does is bark and whine. i feel really bad because i dont know what he wants. i know he wants to walk... thank you everyone, your much nicer then the ppl on yahoo answers. they didnt help any at all. all they did was call me a bad owner and an "abomination to dachshund lovers everywhere"
hmm.png

why on earth would they say that?

Unfortunatly the people on that forum seem to think you have to be a millionare to own any animal
roll.png
. Just ignore those comments and give your dog a hug. I hope he (and you) feels better soon
hugs.gif

Last edited:
I am sorry to hear about your doxie.
PPl can be cruel sometimes when they have no emotional investment.
I just had to have Merlin put down and I cried right there in the office.
Only a true animal lover can understand your situation. Please ignore the ugly comments.
I hope things get better and it's not a serious thing.
My DD's cat got sick and you couldn't touch her as she seemed in pain at the touch. She got some form of ibuprofen from the vet for the pain. When that ran out she used 1/4 of a human ibuprofen. Frances got better and lived a few more years.
My point is try to think positive and do the best you can. That's all anyone can do.

Chin up

Rancher

I agree with la dee da. Call the vet and ask for options.

Sorry Rancher Hicks, whatever you do don't give your dog or cat over OTC NSAIDS you will kill them.

For anyone who doubts this check with your vet. They see pets every year who are poisoned by their loving owners.

Fancy

Last edited:
I personally have never given my pets OTC meds. Just relating what my DD did. It apparently didn't hurt and no one ever figured out what Frances had. She did recover and lived quite a few more years. I on the other hand don't. I do take them to the vet, but I will say this. I am not an advocate of spending tons of money on pets. This however is a personal decision and each to his own.
I WOULD NOT CONDEMN THE ANGEL FOR HER DECISION. MAKING HER FEEL BAD DOES NOTHING TO HELP HER SITUATION AND HER POOR DOXIE.
hugs.gif
hit.gif

I wish each of us my best God knows loving comes with a price.

Rancher

you need to confine him and not let him move around a lot. put him in a crate. if he keeps moving around he will only make the injury worse and cause stress on his back. he really should see a vet, or consider finding a rescue group who can afford to. sorry you are going through this, but there is a good chance surgery could fix this, it isn't just something to sit back and hope he gets better.... something more needs to be done.

i understand what you guys are saying. we cant afford sugery for him, the vet gave us an estimate of 2500 bucks. if we had that kind of money or more we would have my dad go through an operation first. my dad is handicapped and cant run or walk good. he says his days are numbered becuz he is old but hes still my dad i love him :')
if we could get him those bionic leg things that you see on natgeo documetaries, and my dad could walk and and run and live a happy pain free life it would make me and my mom so happy.
Lucky does matter too but we do have money problems at the moment, and im doing everything i can for him.
how do i expell his bladder?

Back
Top Bottom