Can someone show me there gamefowl pens?

[email protected]

Songster
8 Years
Jun 29, 2011
alliance,oh
Can someone show me there gamefowl pens? I would like to see other peoples gamefowl pens because I plan on expanding in my gamefowl breeding and showing with more breeds and I would like to see other peoples pens because I have seen people just have a 8 x 5 pen with a tarp wrapped around it they keep all there 2 hens and 1 stag in.
So can someone give me ideas for a gamefowl pen that is easy to build and I can house about 3-4 gamefowls in year round.
THANKS

Incomplete breeder pens. Sectioned into fours, happily housing 5 in each side currently. It's... 8x6? I have more of my larger fly pens I'm trying to look up for you. If I find them, I will post them.

I haven't gotten mine built yet but I plan on doing something similar with my OEG Bantums. I was going to build something along the lines of a rabbit coop style pen with the nest box & roosts in an enclosed area in 1 end & the rest as an enclosed run either on the ground or above it depending on space available. I know the LF would need a bit bigger pen but was planning on about 3x2 for my box & 3x4 for my run for a breeding trio. The banties stay pretty small so this (I'm hoping) should be big enuf for them. You would need to double or triple these dimensions for a pair or trio of LF.

I'm gonna have to, at least my roos anyway. I have too many roos to go back into my regular pens. Afraid they will fight. Most are very young right now. I only have 1 over 6 mos old. The other 6-8 are all under 3 months old & most are under 2 months...so not really fighting yet. Just a bit of chest bumping & hackle flaring so far. But I know it will get worse, especially with 4-5 roos per pen. Mine gotta go separate so may as well leave my hens with them for company.

Most of my breeders are in there year round, yes. But around this is a bunch of deer netting. One pen a day is allowed out to range with the turkeys in this area... Just this set of pens. I'd like to get some larger pens, 10 x 30, with one little area three sided ( like a lean to, so to speak ) going down the road for larger run style pens for the breeders.

Shamos. And Thais are big birds and are gonna require more space. On my Oriental breeds I always give more room. I just built a aviary for my shamos. I trying to post ya a pic from my phone but can't figure it out! Give me a minute or check out my other posts for some pics.

Shamos. And Thais are big birds and are gonna require more space. On my Oriental breeds I always give more room. I just built a aviary for my shamos. I trying to post ya a pic from my phone but can't figure it out! Give me a minute or check out my other posts for some pics.
How much room would you give a pair of them?

Back
Top Bottom