Can someone tell me if this is a blue or lavender silkie?

Merrique

In the Brooder
Dec 25, 2021
Hi, I’ve just started keeping silkies in the last few months. There aren’t any hatcheries in my area and certainly no one who I can ask. I’ve searched online and the images are confusing.

Can someone tell me if I have a lavender or blue Silkie? I’ve someone came up to me to ask what color this is and I’m not entirely sure.

I wasn’t able to check what colors the parents were as the person who passed them to me got them from someone else, so that lead came to a dead end.

Appreciate the help!

Attachments

• 4CF6D718-7F48-4050-809E-C0F9C7369F42.jpeg
    4CF6D718-7F48-4050-809E-C0F9C7369F42.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
  • 7F58E21E-DE6D-475F-BB8D-2ACD030AC13F.jpeg
    7F58E21E-DE6D-475F-BB8D-2ACD030AC13F.jpeg
    273.3 KB · Views: 11
Hi, I’ve just started keeping silkies in the last few months. There aren’t any hatcheries in my area and certainly no one who I can ask. I’ve searched online and the images are confusing.

Can someone tell me if I have a lavender or blue Silkie? I’ve someone came up to me to ask what color this is and I’m not entirely sure.

I wasn’t able to check what colors the parents were as the person who passed them to me got them from someone else, so that lead came to a dead end.

Appreciate the help!
The little hints of dark areas make me think splash.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

And thank you so much for the warm welcome! 😊

I guess I’ll post some pictures when she’s a little older and maybe do some test breeding in a couple of months when she’s older. Sounds exciting

This is a really warm and helpful community, thank you for having me.

:frow Welcome from New Orleans. I am so glad you felt you could ask your question about coloring. Please continue to be active, whether it is asking or answering questions, or just chatting with like minded people. enjoy yourself here, it is a great site.

Appreciate the help!
Hi, I know this is late. But that looks like a white silkie with blue splash. The lavender gene—or so I’ve heard—is PRETTY hard to come by. I’m raising silkies myself and have a splash. If you have questions, ask me.

Back
Top Bottom