Can someone tell me please

tamsflock

Songster
11 Years
Nov 13, 2008
Ashville, Alabama
Say a chicken or duck that is broody pulls the other birds eggs in everynight. Can I pull them out in the morning and give them to someone else to incubate like 6 days later or has the incubation process already started? The eggs would all hatch day after day then wouldn't they?

You could mark with a pencil the eggs she is sitting on and then you would know when new ones are added. The new ones would not be marked and could be removed.

Robert

I have them marked but they are all in the same pen. I know which ones are new. I just know she has been sitting on them over night 10-12 hours until I get in the next day.So my question is can I take a egg that has been set on for 12 hours then ship it to someone? Or do I need to seperate the broody and hope the other continues to lay when she and he are seperated?

Quote:
I went thru that the first broody round back in March.. Turned out not the best..

What I have done this time (which was last week) when one of those hens went broody again. I just blocked that side of the Pen and house from all the other fowl. (turkey and chicken)

I got this other hen that wanted to set with her as last time.. But I removed her so the other hen and her won't be trying to be boss over the nest.

Since I removed her she has decided to not be broody..

Back
Top Bottom