Can they do good with just free ranging and snacks

I have 6 chickens and they are all bantams except one Cornish cross. The chicks were started on some kind of food that Pratt’s Pets suggested, well that ran out and ever since then for about the last 5 months they have just been free-ranging in the yard and we give them treats like watermelon and oatmeal. Is this enough for them to be happy and healthy? If not what would I need to get them!
No, they need chicken feed, giving them treats will not be enough for them to be healthy, especially during winter considering less bugs and insects/grass theyd eat would get all frosty and dry up, so giving occasional treats wouldnt do good

I can't believe somebody would actually VIDEO IT instead of trying to stop it....
I assume it was meant to be a video of "aw the horse is interested in the chicks" and then once it's in the horse's mouth, you cant really do anything. but I mean... chicks drown in puddles so at least this one didnt die a pointless death.

I assume it was meant to be a video of "aw the horse is interested in the chicks" and then once it's in the horse's mouth, you cant really do anything. but I mean... chicks drown in puddles so at least this one didnt die a pointless death.
Yeah, i gave a bit of a sigh of relief it wasnt a full grown chicken (not that its any worse or better, just if it was full grown itd be- very disturbing, to me atleast)

Maybe they thought he was just trying to smell them better or something... I dunno. .. If it was me I probably would've jumped in and kicked it in the face (not a smart move lol) but then again my chicks wouldnt be running around with my horses....

Maybe they thought he was just trying to smell them better or something... I dunno. .. If it was me I probably would've jumped in and kicked it in the face (not a smart move lol) but then again my chicks wouldnt be running around with my horses....
I'm a bit surprised it didn't drop the body when it realized, but to each their own I guess...

I am so surprised that you have not been feeding your chickens for five months and are just now asking these questions. I have been raising my chicken that were born the last week of April and I have never let my feed run out before buying more. My chickens are thriving and I expect to start seeing eggs next month sometime. Except from my Brahmas who start laying later maybe October or November

Back
Top Bottom