Can they go outside yet?

werttyy

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 16, 2011
Chicago
I have two 3 and a half old chicks, and they do seem to have feathers all over their bodies. Can they go live outside now? The average weather outside is around 60-70. Tell me what you think!
Thanks. Oh wait, how do you attach a picture? http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2383647230041004988BDVQKA Nevermind, I found a picture that looks a lot like how feathered my pullets are. Thanks again!

Hello!

Wow, you've got nice warm temps! Here in Ohio, we're getting there.....

With only two chicks, I would wait a while longer to put them outside, unless it stays that warm at night too. Usually when you put chicks outside in a coop with an attached run, they will huddle together for warmth at night, but with just two, I might worry a little. (Unless you have a heat lamp for night time in the coop...)

At first, your little chicks won't go inside at night, and you'll have to put them inside and shut the door.....You'll probably have to do that each evening for a week or so....

Good luck to you,

Sharon

My dad has 9 chickens and 3 ginni hens and we're really warm here, and they're in a good with a fenced yard, and he put a light in the coop the first night so they'd see it an go up into the coup, and they been going in an out of the a frame ever since.

Back
Top Bottom