Can this last egg make it to hatch day? Please help!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bantam Username, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Bantam Username

Bantam Username Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    Looks like only one of my eggs is good now. [​IMG]
    Just checked cos I couldn't wait (its day 17), one egg is dark now with the veins just visible by the air sac (that was the wriggler), one of the maybe's hasn't developed further, one is still pretty clear and one I can see an embryo shape with black eye floating freely in what looks like water - no viscosity at all so think that one is definately dead.
    However, I bought a second incubator to put more eggs in and set it up a couple of days ago, the second rcom is definately hotter than the first, although their displays both say 37 degrees. I put the baby bath thermometer in the first one and it read as under 36 degrees. [​IMG]
    Could this be why 5 of my eggs have died? [​IMG] And do you think the last one is gonna make it? [​IMG]

2. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    I think you are exposed to keep the temperature around 99.5 degrees...Sorry about that though!

3. Bantam Username

Aug 3, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    I'm in the Uk, 37 degrees celcius is equivalent to 99.5 degrees fahrenheit. [​IMG]

4. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Oh!! Sorry I was thinking of something else! lol

5. Frankallen

Frankallen Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2011
    Alabama
    Quote:37.5 Celsius= 99.5 F

6. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    oh no! So are you going to toss your "probably nots" or not?

I can't believe the temperature was so low. [​IMG]

7. Bantam Username

Aug 3, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    I'm gonna candle them again and take pics tonight just before lockdown, I'll ask everyone's opinion on here then and hope I get some answers before lockdown. I think at least I might have to toss the watery looking one as I think that one is the most likely to leak nastiness if it gets cracked by hatching chickie (if it can hatch). [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by