Can we even call it progress

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by SarahBeth9394, Jul 18, 2010.

1. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    Today I drew out coop plans and explained them to my hubby. We won't build till after the summer heat has passed. But I have plans. I told him we should get the supplies here and there till then.

2. SarahIrl

SarahIrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    West Cork, Ireland
    Oh yes, the main bit is getting your hubby on board!!!

3. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    I cheated and got him some new power tools.

I got a new coop out of the deal since he had to play with the new toys right? I also got him plans for the coop and a zillion (not quite a zillion but a lot) pallets.
    Caroline

4. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I like having plans before hand. You can think everything through, price options, gather materials, and most of all, gather more chickens.

5. SarahBeth9394

Aug 23, 2008
    Well I'm going to have plenty of time to plan. This morning there's an ad on CL for 8 to 10 4x4x6 for $20. It's an hours drive but gas is paid. He just doesn't want to do anything in the heat. I'd go but I can't drive the company vehicle. Ugh frustrated. Well at least I've got my sewing machine.

Getting tools wont help because we already have what we need.

6. hannalice

hannalice Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2010
    Vermont
    Quote:It's actually amazing how well that works! [​IMG] I didn't get it for him, but Dad has been very happy with the coop project because he gets to play with his new cordless pneumatic nail gun. [​IMG]

7. MrChicken207

MrChicken207 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    Caribou, Maine
    I'm the hubby, I've been convinced for years, it's my wife who needs the convincing (believe me, I have literally dozens of different coops designed. I've probably misplaced more plans than I care to think)

8. SarahBeth9394

Aug 23, 2008
    Well there's been zero progress. Mostly. My daughter has a friend who will be gutting her kitchen in a couple of months so there may be an opportunity for scrap wood. Also there's a Habitat for Humanity remodel planned in my little town that I may be able to get some scraps out of. I'd love it if I could get a hold of some torn out kitchen cupboards. All I know is it's going to be a very slow process. Last summer I had a nice little pile of scrap wood saved up but it ended up being used for a second dog house. Now we don't even have that dog. At least our other two dogs use it so it's not a complete loss.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by