Can We Lock Old Threads?

Aquira

Crowing
Jul 14, 2020
Please? I really hate having old threads pop up because someone replied to it without paying attention to the original post date. Is there some way I can filter it out?

I agree that it might be helpful to be able to filter threads by date, but I personally don't think it necessary to lock old threads as long as they are still relevant. If it is, for instance, a ten-year-old thread about someone's hatching project, or one about hens that need rehoming then it would probably be appropriate to lock them so people don't ask if the chicks hatched or whether the hens are still available. But if it is about some question a lot of people have (best bedding type, when to go into lockdown, &c.) or an interesting topic (keeping chickens and dogs, random ramblings threads, &c.), I think it would be good for people to post on those threads / be able to add their ideas to them rather than starting new threads.
Just my opinion. I know some people are opposed to reviving old threads. :oops:

Please? I really hate having old threads pop up because someone replied to it without paying attention to the original post date. Is there some way I can filter it out?
This has been discussed many times. The answer is that the old threads are not going to be locked.

It has been suggested that if the new reply is not appropriate to the old thread, please report it.

I do agree that threads that are old enough that the OP is no longer an active member should be locked. Locking those threads does not devalue them or their content but it does stop inappropriate new content being added and it does stop new posters from expecting someone who hasn't been an active member for 10+ years to reply.

Back
Top Bottom