Can we talk Humidity

Taylorenee

Chirping
Apr 1, 2020
So first time incubating , there's so much conflicting info on humidity. What has worked for you ? Best hatch rates ? I have A nurture right 360 and the instructions say keep humidity at 50% but I've also read 50% can be too high ? Thoughts

I incubate at 35-40 percent for chickens, 30 percent for quail, and 45 percent for ducks. At lockdown I go to 65 for chickens and quail, and 70 for ducks. It depends a lot on your location, the location of your incubator, the type of incubator, and the species you are incubating. 50 sounds too high for anything to me.

There is no right humidity, It depends on several factors including elevation,breed, climate, egg shell quality and also how long they were stored. Best weigh to get the best humidity is to weigh your eggs at the start of incubation, they should lose around 13% of there weight by the end of incubation, tracking the size of the air cell is a good guide as well, too big air cell meaning too low humidity, too small air cell meaning too high humidity. For ducks I've been going 35-40% until lock-down which I then raise it to 60-65%.

That's what I've heard! But the directions literally say 50% and then at lock down 65% . I have been keeping it at 45 but I will probably drop it down a little now.
I incubate at 35-40 percent for chickens, 30 percent for quail, and 45 percent for ducks. At lockdown I go to 65 for chickens and quail, and 70 for ducks. It depends a lot on your location, the location of your incubator, the type of incubator, and the species you are incubating. 50 sounds too high for anything to me.

There is no right humidity, It depends on several factors including elevation,breed, climate, egg shell quality and also how long they were stored. Best weigh to get the best humidity is to weigh your eggs at the start of incubation, they should lose around 13% of there weight by the end of incubation, tracking the size of the air cell is a good guide as well, too big air cell meaning too low humidity, too small air cell meaning too high humidity. For ducks I've been going 35-40% until lock-down which I then raise it to 60-65%.
I need to learn how to trace air cells! YouTube it is for me .... 🤣 I live in AZ . Pretty dry up here

Back
Top Bottom