Can weasels kill a full grown peacocks??

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by jackrooster, Jan 20, 2010.

1. jackrooster

jackrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2010
    Maine
    I just got a pair of beautiful peacocks, and just a week after i have got them...........a weasel got into my coop and kill a bunch of my chickens, ducks and quails. I was wondering has anyone ever had a weasel kill or attack and hurt there peacocks???

2. pardygwyn

pardygwyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    My neighbor had an entire pen-full of peafowl get cleaned out by a weasel, so definitely.

3. Phage

Phage Mad Scientist Premium Member

Aug 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    How about racoons, do they take out peafowl?

4. LoveMyBirds

LoveMyBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Quote:Yes, I have a 1x3 fence for my turkeys and chickens. Last year, some young raccoons squeezed thru the fence and cleaned up on around 14-20 of my birds.

I had so many birds, I actually do not know how many they killed, there was body parts all over the inside and dragged outside as well..

They would have no problem doing the same with peafowl..

At the moment I have my peafowl in a chicken wire pen with electric now, since I have heard that raccoons can tear thru that wire..

What I did on the fence where the young coon got thru, I put electric fencing around it also.. That stopped them last year..

5. Resolution

Resolution Chillin' With My Peeps

weasels cannot kill adult peafowl. they are more than equipped to deal with most small predators. raccoons on the other hand...

6. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Quote:Resolution, just read all your post on peafowl......are you sure its not because they are not being fed Ultrakibble feed.!!!! So far thats fix all problems with peafowl.

Maybe feeding the Ultrakibble will give them super powers, so they can kill any predators.

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  7. Choctaw Valley Farm

Choctaw Valley Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Quote:Resolution, just read all your post on peafowl......are you sure its not because they are not being fed Ultrakibble feed.!!!! So far thats fix all problems with peafowl.

Maybe feeding the Ultrakibble will give them super powers, so they can kill any predators.

My thoughts exactly [​IMG] just makes me want to run right out there and get me some bags of that $28.00 SUPER HERO Ultra Kibble [​IMG] , Everytime I write something like that I get in TROUBLE [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2010
  8. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Steve , maybe they put gold dust in the feed...with that price.. Bet thats how you get a goose to lay the golden eggs.....[​IMG]

9. JordanFamily

JordanFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Harrisonville, MO
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Don't think feed ripped them apart... [​IMG]

10. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    So raccoons will kill adult peafowl? Uh oh we have been having a raccoon sneaking into the peafowl pen at night I think...We have no idea what to do durring breeding season when there will be eggs.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by