Can you believe this Craigslist ad??

Quote:
congratultions on being in a small town? carpeteria is in CA by the Pacific.

So you think that its a good deal to charge people $5 just to drop off a bird and $15 to have it butchered and freezer ready? I might be in a small town but there is only one poultry slaughter house in the state and $3 per bird is what they charge
what they charge.

many peple here will gladly pay 5 to get rid of a roosty they cannot keep. it is of no use to comment on economies and cities far from your own

I live in California I have no problem selling the roosters. usually $5. and up to $25. (full grown EEs- farm yard birds or Pure Marans) Sold some RR roos 2 days ago $8. a piece and this same man want my EE young rooster 4 months old. I told him I'd sell him to him for $8. too Because I was saving him. He bought him. Sold 4 burnt out hens for $5. each they were probably 5 to 6 years old.
I wont even mess with these guy for less than $5. a bird Need to buy Beef and more chicken feed to afford my chicken habit.
And I hate to pull feathers.
But I think this guy is good for people who just want to get rid of there birds.

Hehe... I posted and you posted to agree with me and then I posted agreeing with you and then you posted agreeing with me and...

I always did love the carousel... I claim the ostrich... WEEEeeee!

Edit... holy poo on toast that pic is big so I'm cutting it out...

Last edited:
I believe it and I think they're smart and whatever or whoever they're feeding the roos no one else wants to are lucky. Sorry, no outrage from me. Only thing I might do is double check the 'humane' part by asking a couple questions.

Quote:
It all really depends on your definition of humane.

Medicine Man
I dont understand why someone would pay to have a roo taken off their hands it is unfathomable to me. There are many people that would buy or take a bird off someones hands. I have no idea how having someone pay $5 to let you take their bird has to do with someones economics.

I have to say too it sounds like a smart guy learning how to feed himself and possibly his family or maybe even pets in a very resourceful way. Genius.

Back
Top Bottom