Can you believe this Craigslist ad??

alicefelldown

Looking for a broody
11 Years
Aug 18, 2008
Wanted: Roosters of last resort (Carpinteria) - http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/grd/2025455131.html

I am a big supporter of backyard flocks and want to do what I can to help those who want to raise chickens. If one of your baby chicks turned out to be a roo instead of a hen I can help. If you need someone to take care of your Rooster you can bring it to me on Saturday afternoons. I can use 3 roosters a week so email early to get on the list.

The roosters will not be used for fighting! The rooster must be young and healthy. The rooster will be used humanely and not wasted. Let me know if you need my help.

I do not take financial donations but if you want to buy honey, avocados, firewood, sandstone or donate fresh produce it would be appreciated.

ep.gif
th.gif

I'm all for giving away roosters I can't sell or use myself - but paying someone to have a nice dinner with a bird I spent money to hatch/buy/raise? The **** on this person!!​

that guy is just being resourcefull, he wants free food and he knows that people get roos that they cant have and he wants to have chicken for sunday dinner. sounds like a good deal

There was an ad on CL in my area offering to take roosters and any other "throw away" meat in order to feed big cats at an animal sanctuary- the only catch was that you had to bring them dressed out- I kept thinking that if someone went so far as to process their own roos, why wouldn't they just keep the meat?

Maybe this guy can't accept money for religious reasons, so he just wanted to put it out there to avoid embarrassing situations!

Carpinteria is just down the road from me.

If I want to send my rooster to freezer camp, it is $5 to drop off, $10 if you want it back not dressed and $15 if you want it freezer ready.

If you have a rooster and don't want to get it ready for camp yourself, a free drop off is not bad

Now that is a rip off we have a place here that you can take your roosters toand have them butchered and USDA approved for selling for $3.

Back
Top Bottom