Can you believe this Craigslist ad??

Quote:
ep.gif
... awww baby hatchery birds

Heritage chicks are not sexed... you get what comes your way and deal with the roo's later! pretty pretty roos...
smile.png
I know... I got more than my share this year!

Heritage chicks are sexed and processed just like any other bird in a hatchery. If you get exhibition birds then they are almost always sent straight run if they sell chicks at all.

Quote:
ep.gif
... awww baby hatchery birds

Heritage chicks are not sexed... you get what comes your way and deal with the roo's later! pretty pretty roos...
smile.png
I know... I got more than my share this year!

Heritage chicks are sexed and processed just like any other bird in a hatchery. If you get exhibition birds then they are almost always sent straight run if they sell chicks at all.

I don't buy from hatcheries for layers but I understood most heritage birds were difficult to sex at a day old, don't care... they are still cute.. so much so that I have an extra 30 week old that I can't do the deed and I don't really need any more freezer stock.

welcome-byc.gif

Congrats on your 15 minutes of fame!
Personally, I check CL for various items, mostly chickens & such. My only problem is with the ones that state "Not for food" or "Not for snakes." If I am paying for something, I own it after that, to do with what I please. I appreciate the way you worded your CL ad for those that may not WANT to know what is being done with their 'pet.'
I say good luck to you (and your dog) with this!

Quote:
I bought 9 two day old chicks that were "95% certain to be pullets." I ended up with 3 roosters - that's only 66% that were pullets. The store that bought them will take the roosters and "find a home for them."

What tomasmore is doing is the same as the humane society but without the surrender fees. I applaud his actions and wish "him" the best on his quest for self-sufficiency, my goal as well!

Last edited:
Awesome! Love the sensitive wording of the ad. For your dog - way better than paying top dollar for the "chicken and rice" dog food - at least you know there really is chicken in yours.

Way to be resourceful in this economy

Back
Top Bottom