wee.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif
woot.gif
bun.gif
i kept blabbing on and on about the first egg
duc.gif
and my brother and hes like its just another egg from a stupid chicken im like omg i hate you right now
smack.gif
somad.gif
tongue.gif
i dont get why people hate chickens so much and dont care about them
hu.gif
i think they are one of the coolest animals in the world
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Not everyone gets it.
I am happy for you and your little chickie!
Some people have never interacted with chickens and they just do not understand that they all are unique. I LOVE all my hens and all the pretty eggs they have given me.
I told DH it is like having 10 tiny dogs that do not bark and make me breakfast.
gig.gif
No bark but a lot of bawk.

I'm with you! I was so excited to get my first egg on thanksgiving day. I've gotten one egg for three days now and it hasn't gotten old yet. Chickens are way fun to watch and you have a source of food. What's not to love!

Quote:
X2 I like how you said this! I love chickens because they don't bark, I can coop them up and they don't whine, they give us eggs which I can eat or sell/give away, and because they are funny and relaxing to watch.

Quote:
lol thats soo true
lau.gif
gig.gif
i should yell my dad they are like dogs and cats one of my chickens purred once it was kind of creepy
hide.gif

Quote:
X2 I like how you said this! I love chickens because they don't bark, I can coop them up and they don't whine, they give us eggs which I can eat or sell/give away, and because they are funny and relaxing to watch.

i like that they dont whine or anything and i think that they actully appreciate me or they just like me because i bring fresh grass and other treats to them everyday who knows though (ill jst keep in my head that they love and appreciate them) i rescued them nobody wanted them when i went to the feed store the lady was like ya i have some chicks and we were like where are they shes like they are at home i have 8 of them(we were planning on getting 5) i asked my dad if we could get all because i didnt want the other chickens to feel left behind hes like ya im like yes i love you dad hes like i know i should stop babbling
duc.gif
if i keep going i probaly going to tell you my life story so im going to stop right about now......

Some people just don't 'get' it. Not knowing you or your brother - perhaps he's jealous of your pride in your chickens and your 'bragging' (which isn't really bragging - it's excitement - I did the same thing and I'm in my 40's) gave him something to get on you about which, if I remember correctly, is kind of in a brother's job description. Don't let it get you down. You are in the right place if you want people excited about your first egg - which I am!
Chickens are pretty awesome - my 9 year old raised our chicks and we all care for them. All of her friends think they are pretty neat but I have noticed the boys think it's not so 'cool' to act interested for the most part.
Not sure if that helps but good luck - and tell him to go 'suck an egg' which is an old English expression meaning: 'I want you to go away and do something stupid' which is a nicer way of saying something much ruder and it's awfully appropriate.

I still get excited about the eggs, even after 30 some odd years of owning hens. I always remember to thank them for their gift, too.

Back
Top Bottom