Chicken been eating more and been hot lately, should I be worried?

Chixlittlelogan

Hatching
May 26, 2024
I have a hen who is almost 4 years old. She’s a house chicken and mostly just eats her food. She laid two eggs within 10 minutes which was completely new a week ago. She hasn’t laid eggs since but she’s been eating so much and constantly lately and she’s been hot all day too. Should I be worried? We lost our youngest chicken in January very sudden and she too was eating a lot before she passed. I’m just worried and don’t want the same thing to happen to her.

• Does she actually want to be a house chicken, and does she go outside? House chickens need to be let outside daily to have a happy life and be in good health.
  • What do you feed her, chicken feed or random scraps? Chicken feed always needs to be the primary source, and make sure you feed her nothing toxic or unhealthy (for the latter, an example would be bread, which bloats birds.)
  • What do the two eggs look like? Are they normally-shaped, and are they the same color as usual? No blood or any abnormalities? Laying two eggs in one day is certainly not normal.

Back
Top Bottom