Can you eat eggs from pullets that are on unmedicated feed

Wyatt0224

Chirping
Mar 1, 2016
Westminster, Maryland
Hello everyone! I have a couple 20 week old silkies and they are showing all signs of egg laying; squatting, vent, etc. I just put their nest boxes in today. However, I have been feeding them unmedicated feed for around the past two weeks and just started circulating laying feed in there with it today. Will it be ok if I eat their eggs right away? And just so you know I've fed them dumor feed for all their life.

Did you mean medicated? If you're not feeding them medicated feed there's no reason not to eat the eggs right away. If you meant medicated and have been feeding them feed with amprolium, which is what is usually in medicated feed, there's no withdrawal time on that and you can also eat the eggs right away.

Did you mean medicated? If you're not feeding them medicated feed there's no reason not to eat the eggs right away. If you meant medicated and have been feeding them feed with amprolium, which is what is usually in medicated feed, there's no withdrawal time on that and you can also eat the eggs right away.
Ditto Dat^^^

If you ARE feeding MEDICATED....read the label and find out what medication is in the feed......
......then research that ingredient and/or post back here.

Put them on they layer feed without the medicated. supply oyster shell once you get your first egg.
Either way the eggs will be fine to eat. The only medicated food for Chickens is Chick Starter, Grower is not medicated. Layer is not medicated.

Back
Top Bottom