Can you feed dog food to quail, or is it only cat food. Ive seen posts

Quote:
If they get hungry enough they will.

ETA: I had a dog at one time that loved corn. Both sweet corn which he would even chow the cob up & field cord. His favorite was the corn that had molasses on it.

Last edited:
Quote:
GOT 1, BUT IT GIVES HER THE DUMPS....
sad.png

MY 4 MONTH OLD GERMAN SHEPHERD PUP LOVES TO EAT LAYER PELLETS AND GAME FEED SO I GIVE HIM A HANDFUL WHEN I'M FEEDING THE BIRDS SO HE DOESN'T MESS WITH THE BAG WHEN I'M NOT WATCHING. I HAVE A PUPPY CHOW THAT'S 78% PROTIEN THAT I WANT TO TRY AS A TREAT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE FOR MY COTURNIX QUAIL. I'LL POST THEIR REACTION TO IT AFTER A COUPLE OF TRIES AND THANKS FOR THE INFO

Too bad we can't get the cats and dogs to eat the gamebird feed /img/smilies/hu.gif lol.
Too bad we can't get the cats and dogs to eat the gamebird feed /img/smilies/hu.gif lol.

My raw fed big mutt thinks wild bird food, chick starter, cat biscuits ,pellets and guinea pigs poo are the best delicacies ever invented, far better than anything else. The cat eats the dogs dinner in front of the daft dog unless I intervene and I have caught him eating fish food and chick starter before. All seem fine apart from yucky seeded dog poo.:sick

If they get hungry enough they will.

ETA: I had a dog at one time that loved corn.  Both sweet corn which he would even chow the cob up & field cord.  His favorite was the corn that had molasses on it.

My cats love corn on the cob. After the birds are through with it the cats eat the rest...

Back
Top Bottom