Can you feed them grapes?

SLM

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 22, 2009
Northern Ontario
I have two bichon-frise dogs and belong to a bichon forum.

One of the women (from France) just finished a chicken coop with her hubby.

Another woman (from Scotland) suggested feeding them grapes as it makes the eggs taste better.

So, is it true?

I don't know about grapes making the eggs taste better, but the chickens love them! One will run away with a grape in it's beak and another chicken will chase the first to try to steal it!

Suzy

I just toss mine in and they seem to do okay. They pretty much rip them apart stealing them from each other. Grapes and watermelon seem to be the favorites.
smile.png

My chickens just finished about a half pound of them. Shhhh, don't tell my SO. He bought the grapes for me.
wink.png

hey thanks for asking this! I was just wondering the same thing. I know dogs cant have them cause of the chemicals in them effect the kidney- but thats just green grapes.

Either way, this is good news. finally! Something to do with the non-eating worthy grapes from the bag!

Quote:
Actually, I believe that's all grapes. I have a close friend whose dog got into purple grapes and suffered renal failure. It took a couple thousand dollars to save him.

Quote:
Actually, I believe that's all grapes. I have a close friend whose dog got into purple grapes and suffered renal failure. It took a couple thousand dollars to save him.

Thats good to know. We just dont allow any grapes, but now I know its a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom