Can you give chicks zapped bugs?

JenLiz

Songster
Feb 21, 2018
Brandon, Florida
Like from the bug zapper? We have a bunch of dead mosquitos in our zapper, I was just wondering if they would be safe for the chicks to eat? So far they have only had chick starter, dried mealworms, and some dried marigold petals and lavender

Mosquitos are sort of nasty and carry diseases. Some mosquito species (Culex is the biggest one, I think?) can carry fowl pox. And there's not a lot of value in a mosquito body that's been sitting in a zapper anyway. How long have they been there? I'd skip it.

Sorry if this question seems nosy, but you are providing chick grit, since they're eating mealworms, marigold and lavender, right?

Good luck.

Mosquitos are sort of nasty and carry diseases. Some mosquito species (Culex is the biggest one, I think?) can carry fowl pox. And there's not a lot of value in a mosquito body that's been sitting in a zapper anyway. How long have they been there? I'd skip it.

Sorry if this question seems nosy, but you are providing chick grit, since they're eating mealworms, marigold and lavender, right?

Good luck.
Oh yes I guess I forgot to mention that LOL Yes, they get chick grit. That definitely makes sense about the mosquitos, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom