Can you guess what we are?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by tazcat70, Oct 8, 2007.

1. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

HELP!!! [​IMG]

I have 4 chicks that I need help identifying the breed and the sex. I bought them at the feed store. What do you think these babies are?

I think that this is an Ameracauna roo. Am I correct? He is a bantam. @ 4-5 weeks

[​IMG]

These next 3 are 2-3 weeks old.

I think that this is a roo but I have no idea on the breed. He has 4 toes and his legs are a mixture of black and white. His new feathers that are coming in have some white. I don't think striped though.

[​IMG]

I think a pullet? Same breed as above. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think that this is another roo, RIR I think. What do you think? I think that the sebright is a pullet...since she has not shown any pinkish/red.

[​IMG]

Thanks for your help and I HOPE they aren't all roo's. [​IMG]

Tonya

P.S. Sorry the pix are so big

2. Chellester

Chellester Songster

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    I'm not sure about the first one (VERY pretty bird though!).

Edited to add: I took another look at the first pic and noticed it has green legs. Because of this, I would guess it to be an EE, but you said it was a bantam?

The second and third are EE's... I have EE chicks that look exactly the same as your two. Usually the darker EE chicks have some black on their legs.

The third I would guess as a RIR too, but not as sure about him as I am the other two.

Is it possible they could all be EE's?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  3. my guess
    EE-roo-beautiful
    Black Australorp-roo
    Barred Rock-Female(you can see alittle of the white coming in at tip of some feathers in the pic)
    RIR-roo
    the 2-3 weekers are hard to guess at, alteast for me.

Heather

p.s. I raised all the breeds I guessed and I am just going by how yours look compared to when my girls were that age

4. Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Rafter 7 Paint Horses Songster

Jan 13, 2007
    East Texas
    My guesses are:

1. Mixed breed of OEGB Rooster (real pretty)

2. & 3. BLack Austalorp or Jersey Giant (depending on bottom of feet color) Gray or pinkish =Austalorp, Yellow=Jersey Giant
    Sex: I think #2 is a rooster and not sure about #3

4. RIR - sex: Rooster?

I can't tell about your Golden Seabright.

Jean

5. schlitch

schlitch In the Brooder

Aug 2, 2007
    Raymond, Mississippi
    1. EE
    2. black australorp...looking at feet maybe not. Jersey perhaps.
    3. black australorp
    4. red or golden sex-link

That's my story and I'll stick to it until I edit the post again

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  6. tazcat70

I was thinking EE (sorry I said Ameracauna) for the first one. His tail feathers are a little on the thin side. [​IMG]

On the black ones their feet are grey and white (well pinkish really) No offense to anyone but I was worried that they were Jersey Giants. Bantams and Giants...what a mix!

Guess who has waddles..or wattles..(hmm will have to look that up [​IMG] ) The little red boy. He has me a little scared...I have heard lots of talk about RIR roos. I heard someone on a list I am on say that they more they are handled the worse they are...if so I am in trouble. I have an Elmira for a daughter..."love 'em and hug 'em and squeeze 'em" [​IMG]

Thanks for all your help!! I am totally enjoying the forum and my chickies!

Tonya

7. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Songster

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    1. EE, probably a roo
    2 and 3 Black Australorps, not sure
    4 Golden seabright, not sure

8. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Quote:I got three Jersey Giants from Meyer, I can't really say their feet underneath are yellow, its a very vague color. What would the chances be that Meyer didn't send me Jersey Giants?

9. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I am wondering if your two black with white down are different breeds. The first one looks exactly like my Jersey Giants, but the second one seems to have a different shaped beak, like not as long, and thicker looking. Hmmm

10. tazcat70

[​IMG] The feed store that I bought them from had a Privett Hatchery sign...soooo I assume that is where they came from. Both of the black ones looked enough alike that I thought that they were the same breed. Silly me I was choosing them because they did not have the yellow spot on their head. [​IMG]

But after searching and looking at chicks on feathersite...I have no idea what they are. sigh [​IMG]

Thank you all for your posts!

Tonya

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: