1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can you hear it??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Rhett&SarahsMom, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    that noise you have been hearing all after noon is the sound of me slamming my HEAD against the freaking wall.

My normally very well behaved daughter, after spending an afternoon with her grandmother(my MIL) is now a freaking litle BRAT. It happens every time. I kid you not. A few hours with Grandma C and I no longer want to be around my daughter. She ignores everything I tell her, suddenly doesnt enjoy what she did BEFORE the visit and I feel like I have to start all over again in parenting. Yesterday it was "I dont want to read" Something that normally sit and do in the afternoon. It was rainy out. She had a new book. From Grandma C. Nope. Wanted nothing to do with it.
    Today it was touching things I told her not to. First thing was the camera. Which she then promptly DROPPED![​IMG] It no longer works. So now I need a new camera. Second was the thing of air fresheners I have in the truck. Been in there for two days. Today she opens every single one!
    Then there is the "I want "blah" for lunch"
    Ok. I fix it for her. Then she wont eat it!!! Usually not a problem. An afternoon with Grandma C and it is.

Oh and Grandma C is keeping her overnight the end of the month. Picking her up in the morning on Wed and I am picking the kid up Thursday afternoon. I know I will be getting a monster back.

She isnt like this when she is with my mom. I could leave her with my mom for weeks and get back the same kid I left. But my MIL changes her,, and not for the better.

I love my mom, but I would move to a foreign land to get away from my MIL and what ever it is she "does" to my child.

2. Queen Scoot

Queen Scoot Crochet Chieftess

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    i know how you feel...my kids used to be the same way when they went to their grandmothers house...it was holy heck when they came home!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] to you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by