Can you help figure out what breed we are? *updated*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SunAngel, Jun 10, 2008.

1. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    They are all 3 weeks old and I dont know if they are all just EEs or if the last one is a Golden Pencilled Hamburg? The first 3 are very outgoing & nosy and hate to sit still! The last one is much more quiet and hides among others.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2008
  2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    They all look like Easter Eggers to me.

3. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    EEs. Notice the green legs. Green legs = green eggs! Nice birds!

4. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    So most chickens with green legs are EE's? I dont think I saw any Ameraucana or Araucana chickens in MMHs book, just their mixed EEs.

These 4 look so different from the other 5 I just posted in another thread. Is it possible for EE's to look so totally different?

5. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    Yes, EE's come in a HUGE variety of colors, some may look alike, some may be very unique! They are very nice birds!!!!! Steph

6. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    These 4 are my favorites by far. They are very inquisitive and outgoing, but hard to catch lol. I dont mind a bit if they are EE'ers, can't wait for those neat eggs, I just want to have my facts right if someone ever asks what I have lol.

When they were younger, someone thought one was a Buttercup, or Pencilled Hamburg and that the second one down was an Orloff? I think it was.

Thanks for the help.

7. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    The cheeks are starting to puff out, and with the green legs, I think you are safe to tell folks they are EEs.

Pretty, too!

8. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
    What kind of comb is that on the last one? The pic is kinda blurry. If it is a cup, or double comb you probably have a Sicilian Buttercup. If it isn't I would go with Easter Egger. Feathersite says they are supposed to have willow-green legs anyway...

The others look like Easter Eggers for sure.

9. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    On the last one, I will have to see if I can get a better pic of her face today. I forgot that the comb might help. I do notice now from looking at the pics that her legs are a different green color than the first 3. Theirs are more of a yellow green, and the last has like a gray/green color. So maybe she is something different.

10. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    This is what MMH says about the Golden Pencilled Hamburg...

leaden blue shanks and toes, and a neat pointed rose comb. It is a finely built, small, active bird.

Do the legs look leaden blue like a Hamburg or willow green like a Buttercup? lol

She is much more petite than the first 3 EE'ers. I will have to get a pic of the comb and see if that helps with the id. Dont know if I can tell the difference, but maybe someone here can.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by