Can you help figure out what breed we are? *updated*

SunAngel

Songster
11 Years
May 20, 2008
Chambersburg, Pa.
They are all 3 weeks old and I dont know if they are all just EEs or if the last one is a Golden Pencilled Hamburg? The first 3 are very outgoing & nosy and hate to sit still! The last one is much more quiet and hides among others.

Pic_25Jun102008.jpg

Pic_26Jun102008.jpg

Pic_27Jun102008.jpg

Pic_28Jun102008.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So most chickens with green legs are EE's? I dont think I saw any Ameraucana or Araucana chickens in MMHs book, just their mixed EEs.

These 4 look so different from the other 5 I just posted in another thread. Is it possible for EE's to look so totally different?

These 4 are my favorites by far. They are very inquisitive and outgoing, but hard to catch lol. I dont mind a bit if they are EE'ers, can't wait for those neat eggs, I just want to have my facts right if someone ever asks what I have lol.

When they were younger, someone thought one was a Buttercup, or Pencilled Hamburg and that the second one down was an Orloff? I think it was.

Thanks for the help.

What kind of comb is that on the last one? The pic is kinda blurry. If it is a cup, or double comb you probably have a Sicilian Buttercup. If it isn't I would go with Easter Egger. Feathersite says they are supposed to have willow-green legs anyway...

The others look like Easter Eggers for sure.

On the last one, I will have to see if I can get a better pic of her face today. I forgot that the comb might help. I do notice now from looking at the pics that her legs are a different green color than the first 3. Theirs are more of a yellow green, and the last has like a gray/green color. So maybe she is something different.

This is what MMH says about the Golden Pencilled Hamburg...

leaden blue shanks and toes, and a neat pointed rose comb. It is a finely built, small, active bird.

Do the legs look leaden blue like a Hamburg or willow green like a Buttercup? lol

She is much more petite than the first 3 EE'ers. I will have to get a pic of the comb and see if that helps with the id. Dont know if I can tell the difference, but maybe someone here can.

Back
Top Bottom