Can you help identify my babies for me.... 5 -6 Weeks Old

You can always post any pics from the sellers here for gender ID before buying.
I appreciate your help! Now I need to find the barred rocks a new home. I am not one to just off them because they aren't want I wanted. :( I have been told to just kill them but that is not in my nature.

Can you tell me how you identify them? I would love to know going forward.
Males cluck more than females and sometimes they puff their chest up, they can also be more aggressive.
They will develop big shiny feathers and spurs on their legs.
But the wattles and combs are the biggest tell, I also look at the legs just to confirm any suspicion as males have chunkier legs than females as can be seen on your pictures

Males cluck more than females and sometimes they puff their chest up, they can also be more aggressive.
But the wattles and combs are the biggest tell, I also look at the legs just to confirm any suspicion as males have chunkier legs than females as can be seen on your pictures
You can't sex by behavior this young. Saddles don't come in until around 12+ weeks. Spurs usually don't start getting any sort of substantial until they're close to a year or more. Older hens can also have spurs.

Before 12-14 weeks, you can really only go by comb and wattles development. Along with gender specific coloring if applicable.

Im sad lol I bought those myself and was swindled LOL now I have to find them a new home

You can't sex by behavior this young. Saddles don't come in until around 12+ weeks. Spurs usually don't start getting any sort of substantial until they're close to a year or more. Older hens can also have spurs.

Before 12-14 weeks, you can really only go by comb and wattles development. Along with gender specific coloring if applicable.
Are the babies I do have good egg producers? I am wanting to raise organic brown egg layers :)

Back
Top Bottom