Can you help identify my babies for me.... 5 -6 Weeks Old

Yay!!! SO out of having 4 hens, what would my yearly egg output range be? Also, do you have suggestions for best organic feed?
Oh gosh, I'm not sure. I would imagine each hen should lay between 5-6 eggs a week. They may slow down in the winter or during molt. If they go broody, they will stop laying as well.

I don't feed organic, I feed Flock Raiser. So can't help you there.

Oh gosh, I'm not sure. I would imagine each hen should lay between 5-6 eggs a week. They may slow down in the winter or during molt. If they go broody, they will stop laying as well.

Thank you for your help :) I need to find the roo's a new home so I am going to reach out to a few farmers and see if they would like to take them in.

Whats your thoughts on Hyline breed hens?

I do not like any production type breeds. Especially Sex-links. My birds are my pets. I don't like seeing them suffer repro issues at young ages due to them being bred to be disposable egg machines.
OH NO that's what they are used for? :( I just was looking on craigslist.org locally to find someone who would take the cockerels and saw there were some hyline breed already laying for sale.

Back
Top Bottom