Can you help me confirm if this is Foul Pox or Fungus

cirocha

Hatching
7 Years
Jul 12, 2012
Hello, I just noticed my girls have these scabs on their combs and in the eye area. I checked the flock, all 4 have them although this one has it the most severe. I'm so worried, do you think it's foul pox? Anything I need to do if it is not foul pox?

Hello, I just noticed my girls have these scabs on their combs and in the eye area. I checked the flock, all 4 have them although this one has it the most severe. I'm so worried, do you think it's foul pox? Anything I need to do if it is not foul pox?
Looks like it to me, but it looks like a done deal - Once they are scabbed over they are right as rain. Looks like a very mild case - lucky you. If the eating, drinking, & pooping normal, I'd say your have no worries. Had the same thing in my small flock - they're all better now.

Yay, thank you so much.. I was so worried. I cant believe I just noticed them. They are all behaving normally other than these scabs.

Thanks again!

Is there any way to help them through? I think my hen has avian pox, and her WHOLE comb is covered in black scabs, and she has a hard time breathing. I heard this is the "wet" strain. She doesn't look to be getting better.

Is there any way to help them through? I think my hen has avian pox, and her WHOLE comb is covered in black scabs, and she has a hard time breathing. I heard this is the "wet" strain. She doesn't look to be getting better.
What does the inside of her mouth look like?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom