Can you help me find out what breed these 5-6 week old chickens are ?

xxcody2gunsxx

In the Brooder
Jul 27, 2016
Albuquerque New Mexico
I'm a fresh first timer with chickens . I picked these chickens up from a Tack and Feed store about two weeks ago . They lady that helped me at the store in formed me at the time that these were 4 week old pullets . But I failed to ask what breed . Searching online through many many pics I just cant tell what breed these little chicks are and if in fact they are all female .
Any help would be much appreciated .This is racking my brain
PIC 1

PIC 2

PIC 3

PIC 4

PIC5

PIC 6

PIC 7

PIC8

The ones that are solid white with single combs look like Jersey Giants, but might be barnyard mutts too. The rest with splashes of color, pea combs, and (some may have beards) look like Easter Eggers or cross breeds.

Last edited:
The ones that are solid white with single combs look like Jersey Giants, but might be barnyard mutts too. The rest with splashes of color, pea combs, and (some may have beards) look like Easter Eggers or cross breeds.
Thanks for the quick response . took me a few minutes to decode the terminology .
Is there any way you could tell if they are all in fact females from the pics ?

I would wait (till about 8 - 10 weeks), and post some pictures. Try to get clear shots of each individual. Many people try to go on a facial shot only, but being able to look at the muscle development and tail is very useful.

Back
Top Bottom