Can you help me identify the breed and gender of my chicken?

Kind of looks like my lavender orpington...
It isn't one because Orps have white skin and the bird has yellow skin. That's just one major difference though.
Angry Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Even if the skin/leg color was correct the bird is not Lavender. So not only is it not an Orpington. It's not Lavender. As previously stated in my entertaining yet educational short story on the last page complete with moving pictures to entertain people who don't like reading...it's a light Blue. I might even say it was Splash, but because there is edging/scalloping on the feathers, I don't believe it is.

Same here, i bought it thru TSC, supposed to be all female Rare Standard package
They can only guarantee the gender up to a percentage, I bought the bargain bin chicks (those mark downs that happen after a week). Don't know if they have a gender guarantee or not may have to contact TSC but since they only got what was shipped to them I'm not sure how much they can help with it.

They can only guarantee the gender up to a percentage, I bought the bargain bin chicks (those mark downs that happen after a week). Don't know if they have a gender guarantee or not may have to contact TSC but since they only got what was shipped to them I'm not sure how much they can help with it.
Appreciate the help, thank you very much.

Do they typically come without them? Either way, no eggs (olive or otherwise) will be coming from this bird.
If they do come maybe keep him for scientific study and perhaps the asexuality may breed self repopulating chickens which would be vastly interesting.

I would expect to see at least a partial crest on a OE.
The Sapphire doesn't but they can bump up, I have an Olive Egger and she has the typical mohawk type headdress accenting her comb. Not sure what they mixed to make the Sapphire because hoover's keeping the 'recipe' a secret.

I have no idea what you're trying to say. I edited my post though. The "Sapphire Olive Eggers" do have partial crests.
The first part was about it being no eggs and a male (joke reference if it did indeed lay an egg as a rooster with female parts and male).

TSC lists the breeds included in the rare standard and it's the only breed close in coloring as it's not an orpington. They grab one of the listed breeds at random quantities thus making it a rare mix even if only 1 or 2 of ten is 'rare' it's up to the worker at the hatchery to pick from the list. Think it may be a prairie bluebell egger (as one of the egger type mixes of random breedings)then?

Back
Top Bottom